- This event has passed.
Urban Riparian and Stream Restoration Program
September 19 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$40
Urban Stream Restoration Training – McKinney
Date: September 19, 2019 |8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Location: The Mill at East McKinney 407 E. Louisiana St, McKinney, TX 75069 (Map)
Topics: Information including the hydrologic cycle, basics to stream morphology, stream classification, stream instability, stream restoration, stabilization structure, vegetation, and monitoring and evaluation will be explained through classroom-style teaching in the morning session, and hands-on activities in the field at a nearby stream in the afternoon sessions. Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the training.
Registration is limited to the first 40 people. Cost is $50 and includes all training materials, lunch, and a certificate of completion at the end of the course. Registration is required by September 16, 2019. Register online at http://texasriparian.org/restoration-training/restoration-trainings-schedule/, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch will be provided but participants may bring their own. Dress is casual and comfortable; hip boots/waders are required for the hands on field assessment, as we will be in the creek in the afternoon.
Continuing Education Units Available:
- Texas Water Resources Institute – 1 CEU
- Texas Nutrient Management Planning Specialists – 6 hours
- Texas Floodplain Management Association – 6 CECs
- Certified Crop Advisor –- 7 CEUs (Nutrient Mgmt.: 1, Soil & Water: 2.5, IPM: 1, Sustainability: 2.5)
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners “Acceptable for HSW credit”
- The program may also be used for CEUs for Professional Engineers.
- Check with your Chapter for Master Naturalist and Master Gardener to see if it is approved for your area.